This is the website of the topology seminar at Northeastern University, organized by Alex Suciu and Ben Knudsen. The scope of the seminar encompasses algebraic, geometric, and combinatorial topology. The seminar meets on Tuesdays at 4:30pm in 509 Lake Hall. Below is the schedule of upcoming talks; click the links or see the calendar for abstracts.
- January 28: Matthew Hogancamp (Northeastern), “Categorifying skeins in the solid torus”
- February 11: Ruth Charney (Brandeis), “Outer space for RAAGs”
- February 18: Nathaniel Bottman (USC), “The Fulton–MacPherson operad and Fukaya categories”
- February 25: Kathryn Hess (EPFL), “From precalculus to calculus in algebraic topology”
- March 10: Alexander Kupers (Harvard), “Double Steinberg coinvariants and the homology of general linear groups’’
March 17: Lei Chen (Caltech) March 24: David Recio-Mitter (Lehigh) March 31: Safia Chettih (Southwestern) April 7: Nick Salter (Columbia) April 14: Jon McCammond (UCSB)